Why should you learn about Corporate Diplomacy?
The internationalisation of education and the work environment is increasingly becoming complex. This complex environment calls for appropriate intercultural adaptation and appreciation by professionals. Intercultural adaptation has been found to increase organisational productivity by fostering:
• Peaceful co-existence
• Meaningful social networks
• Spirit of camaraderie
• Conducive working environment
• Competence based organisational performance
This Course equips the student with not only skills and knowledge on intercultural adaptability but also on appreciation of diversity. Corporate
diplomacy is anchored on three practices; etiquette, protocol and leadership. Integrating these attributes in the organisational performance will definitely prove to be a game changer in resolving interpersonal challenges facing the corporate world and other international institutions in the 21st century.
Why Professionals require Corporate Diplomacy
Corporate Diplomacy exerts a more pervasive influence not only on our daily lives but also within the organisation/institution. Unfortunately, this attribute has not gained a foothold in the management of the corporate world and international organisations/institutions.
Benefits of Corporate Diplomacy
Corporate diplomacy brings with it the following benefits:
• Enhancing public relations
• Relationship management
• Social corporate responsibility
How will you Apply Corporate Diplomacy in your organization?
Diplomatic etiquette, protocol and leadership attributes are a set of rules, norms and values that professionals require in various settings/occasions in order to achieve organisational goals, including:
• Conducting ceremonies according to rules
• Officiating high level functions
• Building organisational reputation
• Promoting courtesy
• Ensuring respect for clients/organisations
• Initiating change and transformation
Diplomatic Corporate Competencies attained through this Course
• You will acquire the UN leadership competencies
• Assurance to your organisation and clients of your professional competence
• A competitive advantage when marketing your services internationally
• A sense of achievement and confidence
• A credential for your resume when applying for promotion
• Respect accorded as a professional
• Evidence and display of your expertise, knowledge, skills and competence when operating in a multicultural environment
1. To develop and exhibit cultural tolerance
2. To nurture the organisational brand for the international market
3. To exhibit behavior and actions that guard the organisation’s reputation
4. To manage organisational ceremonies and functions appropriately
5. To apply the skills and knowledge of corporate diplomacy in positioning the organisation strategically in the dynamic market
The Course has a recommended completion period of 6 weeks. However, you may choose to complete it in as short as 4 weeks or as long as 12 weeks, depending on your schedule.
This course is offered in collaboration with various diplomatic missions and other organisations of diplomatic standing. Facilitators are individuals with exceptional qualities who have served in diplomatic missions as ambassadors, foreign service officers and other diplomatic appointments.
The training is based on the CANVAS model of learning combined with practical experiences, diplomatic simulations and exposure of learners to
various cultures through video, field visits to embassies as well as expert talk from diplomats.
A. The fee charged for Corporate Diplomacy is Kshs. 10,000.
B. Registration fee is Kshs. 1,000 per term.
Our intake is in January, May and August. Application forms can be picked from our Nairobi campus on Mbagathi Way. They can also be downloaded
directly from our website at www.riarauniversity.ac.ke.