Minimum Entry Requirements
- Masters Programmes: A first degree at minimum Upper Second Class Honor’s or equivalent or a Lower Second Class Honors’ with working experience of at least two years in relevant field for Master’s Programmes.
- Undergraduate Degree Programmes: Mean grade of C+ (plus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE), or equivalent qualifications.
- Diploma Programmes: Mean grade of C (plain) or C (minus) in the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education KCSE or equivalent depending on a programme requirements.
- Certificate: D+ or equivalent at KCSE
- Candidates are required to be fluent in written and spoken English. This should be ascertained through English proficiency certification at primary/secondary school level, a recognized University, or any recognized post-secondary language-training centre.
- In addition to the minimum entry requirements, there may be programme specific requirements for different Schools / Departments.
Equivalent Entry Qualifications
The Senate has determined the equivalence between qualifications as follows:
For Degree: The equivalent to C+ (Plus) shall be construed to mean:
- A Diploma from a recognized examining body or institution and in a field relevant to the programme.
- A Professional Certificate taking 2 years and above from a recognized examining body or institution and in a field relevant to the programme sought at Riara
- Division II and above in O-level.
- Two principals and a subsidiary pass in A-level
For Diploma: The equivalent to C (Plain) shall be construed to mean:
- Certificate from a credible institution (6 months and above) and in a field relevant to a programme sought at Riara.
- Division III in O-level with at least 4 credits